Are you looking to do business in the United States?
Having been formed to “foster the development of commercial activity” between the United States of America & the Sultanate of Oman, the OABC provides information and services for Americans doing business in Oman, and Omani residents doing business in the USA.
What the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the USA means for Omani businesses
The FTA, implemented in 2009, effectively removed non-tariff barriers and customs between the USA and Oman. It allows US businesses to get around the foreign capital investment law and open a 100% foreign-owned company in Oman.
Good news for Omani businesses: the same rule allowing for total foreign ownership of a business applies to Omani businesses that wish to operate in the US.
The FTA has resulted in the United States becoming an important trading partner of Oman, with total bilateral trade reaching close to USD 3 billion. Aided by the incentives of the FTA, Omani investments in the USA have grown to over USD 1 billion.
Where Do I Get Started?
- Visit the Select USA website to get started. Here you can discover programs or incentives that can help grow your business, and learn why the U.S. is the world’s top location for business and investment.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your interests and needs.
- Read more on business law and regulations for a variety of sectors.
- Check out this video: How to Make the Most of a Buying Trip to a U.S. Trade Show
- Visit the official travel.state.gov website for guidance on how to travel to the United States for business purposes.
Helpful US Government Links
- U.S. Embassy in Oman Resource Page
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- CIA World Factbook
- Country Commercial Guide
- Investment Climate Statement
- US Census Bureau
Helpful US Business Links
- Local Legal Resources
- Business Matching Services
- Business Information Database System
- Direct Line for American Business
- US Small Business Administraiton
- Department of Commerce
- Export Import Bank of the United States
- National IPR Center
- Office of U.S. Trade Representative